Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Here we go!

I feel like such an inadequate geek, since 3 of my sisters had a blog before I did. I'm so ashamed. I promise to be better from here on out.

Sabrina and I have been so busy lately that I hardly know were to begin. We just got back on Friday from a nice little cruise. It's the first vacation Sabrina and I have had without kids since Faris was born. It was kind of nice to not have to chase the kids all around for a few days, and nice of Sabrina's sister Azure to come out to watch the boys.

We went with 3 other couples, 1 we knew (Scott and Dawn), and 2 we didn't (they were family of the one couple we knew), but we got along like we were all old friends. We departed from San Pedro(L.A.), stopped in San Diego, Catalina Island, and Ensenada. The weather was perfect, sunny, between 65 and 75 during the day, and cooler at night.
In San Diego, we toured the USS Midway, a retired aircraft carrier that has been turned into a floating museum. I was like a kid in a candy store. All that history, all those planes, all those tiny bunks. It was amazing. Scott and I got into a little trouble on board however...

































The next day we stopped at Catalina Island.






It was really pretty. Very green with lots of flowers in bloom. We rented golf carts and did a quick tour of the island.











After our Dare-devilry in the golf carts, Sabrina and I took a walk along the shore, then sat on the beach and ate ice cream. Awwww, isn't that so sweet?

Next, we stopped in Ensenada. Sabrina, Scott and Dawn all went horseback riding on the beach, but alas, I was not able to participate, much to the relief of the horses (stupid tailbone...). While they were out riding, I stayed in the bus and talked with the tour guide/bus driver, Romell. It had been several years since I had to carry on such a lenghthy conversation in Spanish, but it was fun. The rust came off a lot faster than I thought.

After the riding, we went out to La Bufadora (the Blowhole). It is one of only 3 marine geysers in the world. It can shoot up to 180 feet in the air. The road down to see it is lined with all kinds of trinket shops. It brought back a lot of memories barganing with the shopkeepers. I was able to get a really nice wide leather belt for $15 (down from $45)! So much fun! We ate fresh shrimp tacos there, and wow, were they GOOD!

Speaking of food, the food on the ship was amazing, and it just kept coming. They would bring you everything on the dinner menu if you asked for it. Sabrina and I got brave and had the escargot one night. I really enjoyed it, Sabrina thought it tasted too much like mushrooms. My favorite night, dinner started with 2 appetizers - citrus cured salmon and mushrooms in cream sauce in a puff pastry shell. Greek Salad next, followed by sorbet to cleanse the palate. Then, the first entree, tempura mahi-mahi in a sweet and sour sauce with stir-fry veggies. Second entree, 16 oz. New York strip steak with potato wedges. Desert was Baked Alaska. Mmmmmm....Oh, and deserts! on Wednesday night, they had a midnight Chocolate Buffet. All you can eat deserts, chocolate as far as the eye can see, choclate sculptures, chocolate fountains, amazing ice sculptures. Mom, I thought of you as we indulged that night!

You can see all of our pictures here:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v128/fatdaddydave/Cruise%20Pics/
The guest password is "cruise"

Faris, Errol and Wick were really glad to see us when we got home. I think Azure was the happiest to see us, however. The boys can be a handful, especially since Wick is now crawling and starting to pull himself up, and Faris broke his glasses while we were gone, and Errol is just Errol. We owe Azure big-time for this.

Faris is still doing really well is school. He reads everything he can get his hands on. It's common to find him sitting on the potty with the Readers Digest on his lap. Weekly trips to the library are a must with him.

Errol is loving preschool. Every time we drive by the school he yells "There's my school!" I hope that he enjoys Kindergarten as much. He loves to help me and Sabrina with everything, from the dishes to working on the Jeep.

Wick just keeps growing and getting cuter. He is such a happy baby. He loves to play with his brothers and the dog. It seems like everything in the house below knee level is covered in drool.

Here's the link to Sabrina's photobucket account, with lots of pictures of the boys -
http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x60/sabby_ann/
The guest password is "grandkids"

Anyhow, check back regularly for updates from the Dave and Sabrina Litster family!

1 comment:

Ultimate Poster Child for Optimism said...

I am excited that you have a blog! And thanks for sharing the links to the pics- loved them!